Saturday, February 7, 2009

Yummy & Healthy Cereals

So, I did some research and realized that my delicious Special K Cereal is not as good for you as I had otherwise though. I feel really silly because I completely fell for a marketing ploy. I looked at the calories, and glanced at the ingredients, I am sure, but never compared it with other cereals on the shopping aisle. Now, I am embarrassed, but ready to start my day right again!!

Finding a Healthy Breakfast Cereal

Healthy Cereals from Prevention.com

1) Fiber One Honey Clusters - 1¼ c; 170 cal, 3 g pro, 47 g carb, 1 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 14 g fiber, 170 mg sodium, 5 g sugar

2) Kashi Go Lean Crunch! Honey Almond Flax - size: 1 c; 200 cal, 9 g pro, 34 g carb, 5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 8 g fiber, 140 mg sodium, 12 g sugar

I will let you know how they taste once I try them out. Well, at least I checked it out. On to a healthier tomorrow. The Costco brand Organic Vanilla flavored soymilk we drink is 100cal per cup, so just pair the two accordingly for a filling, high fiber 300 cal meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment