My friend Cheski's blog was entitled, "I feel Pretty." It inspired me to post the video.
Unfortunately, I haven't felt pretty in quite a while. Well, not pretty like the Maria in the video feels.
ALTHOUGH, I bought $26 worth of fun, warm and somewhat stylish clothes at Goodwill.

Forgive all the leggy shots. I got 3 "sweaters." A long black knit one (left picture), white one (which is really pretty, but couldn't get a cute front shot), and the poncho green one (far right). I also got two pairs of pants. 1 pair of jeans, featured in 3/4 pictures and my cute new steel gray trousers. I also got boots (which I am unsure about, but was trying to be stylish). All for $26!!! I could barely get 1 pair of jeans for that retail. mmm hmmm, I'm sold on Goodwill.
**It did, however, take 2 hours of shopping. My arms were actually sore afterwards from carrying all the clothes around, I tried on probably 12 pairs of jeans.
Anyways,
while I was uploading my new clothes pictures, I played around in Scrapblog with this one where I was wearing my green poncho. I feel like this is my new, "I feel pretty" picture for the moment.I feel like I look older in this photo, more serious and more worn.
That's how I feel. I feel like I've made some not so great choices lately. I've just been living, been letting time pass and move forward. **I also feel like I'm rambling, please stop reading at any point.** Continuing... I want to start on a fresh path.
At one point I feel like I was a success. I want to be a success again. I don't want to be ok with being average or living up to less than my potential. And I don't want to feel like a failure.
On that note, I have taken a new job. After some prayer for direction, I was approached with an offer from a new company that could be very promising in terms of my career growth. They are not just hiring me on at a higher salary, but as someone they want to promote. Interesting, right? They said they might promote me within a month, depending on my job performance.
Anyways, that starts March 12th. Hopefully, it will be a good thing. I am leaving three amazing kids behind and a reliable and consistent 40 hours a week with a company that has been good to me. Faith!! I am praying this will be a good thing in our lives.
Other news.... I'm trying to start a new blog to actually host giveaways (instead of just enter them). It has been a lot of fun setting it up.
Hopefully, a year from now, it will be successful enough so that I can get some free baby products. If you want, check it out at: http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com
mmmm. what else? There is more, but not for now. Maybe I'll share later.
Sending love to my very small audience, who hopefully has some love coming back for me.
Here's some more West Side Story. I loved this play when I was little. I saw my first performance at Christian Community Center in San Diego and cried my eyes out at the end. I then proceeded to get the CD and listen to it over and over and over again.
Stay Cool ~~
From the looks of it, you found some terrific buys at Goodwill. You look lovely in the photos! That's where I shop as well. I will be praying for you as you start your new job!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Goodwill is my favorite place! I usually don't find clothes, though, so you really lucked out. I buy tons of books and kitchen/house stuff. When you come here we will definitely have to hit up my favorite thrift stores.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the new job. It sounds like they have great faith in you already. Who wouldn't?
I'm excited for your giveaway blog! I was actually considering doing one giveaway on mine (as an occasional thing, not all the time). I bought some Etsy memorial jewelry for friends who lost their first baby. I haven't asked the seller yet if she is willing to do it.
Lots of love coming back to you!!!