mmmm, so my new marriage book is on RESPECT or SURRENDERING to your husband. So far, I really like it. It makes me realize that I do a pretty good job with Oscar. But, there is still a LOT LOT more I can do....... Here are some quotes, from the book, about respecting that amazing man in our lives.***Oh, and respect was not modeled in my home growing up, so I feel that I (like many of us) have to learn it organically.
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" - Mom
"Some people find fault as if it were buried treasure." - Francis O'Walsh
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists . . . in the loved one, perfection" - Sidney Poitier
"Respect a man, he will do the more." - James Howell, 1659.
"Men are born to succeed, not to fail." - Henry David Thoreau
"You see an awful lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart women with a dumb guy." - Erica Jong
"Eating words has never given me indigestion." - Winston Churchill
"If a relationship is to evolve, it must go through a series of endings." - Lisa Moriyama
"Try to want what you have, instead of spending your strength trying to get what you want." - Abraham L. Feinberg
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right." - Confucious
No comments:
Post a Comment