Sooooo, I talk with my kids a lot. I talk to them when I know they understand and when I know they do not understand.
They are my buddies. It helps establish rapport. Anyways, I was talking to one of my two year old kiddos today about the program while he was drinking his juice. I was telling him, "sooo, we did our shapes and our colors, now what are we going to do next?...hmmm... Oh, I know, we are going to be really creative and do some verbal imitation. Now that may be, difficult, but I know you can do it." etc. etc. etc.
While I was talking, my voice was going up and down in regular Francine fashion. A few minutes later, my kiddo started to do some talking. I couldn't understand a thing he was saying. But, I told him, "I love hearing your voice." He just kept going in a long monologue. I asked his Grandma what he was saying and... it turns out, he was imitating me. He didn't know what words I was using so he pieced together random words/phrases he knew such as, "here we go....bubbles....ready set go.....babble babble babble....." He was socializing and conversing with me the same way I had with him. I loved it. And sure enough his voice inflections were very similar to my own.
oooooh. I may be strict with my kiddos, I may get bitten, scratched and bruised, but yes, I do love my job.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment