How easy it would be to just stay home all the time? I mean, I am practically there. I do things with Oscar and my family, and I work and I go to Oscar's Basketball games and I sometimes go to church on Sunday.
Its not even bad. I mean, I like it. Keeping friends is so difficult. And making new friends.... turns out my social skills are not in tip top condition. For example: I am amazing at talking to people at random places, and even at group adventure type events (that Oscar and I go on), but actually making FRIENDS, oooh, somewhere I kind of failed at that point. Where are all these wonderful people, and should I just carry a card around with my name and number? Occupation: Potential Friend. lol. When you do find someone at the grocery store (or wherever) who is fun and you click with, when do you give them your number? And if you are a complete homebody when do you invite them over?
mmmm. Guess I need a little lesson on friend making. Actually, I think I just need motivation. And then I need to let it be natural and not expect anything. And I need to "Just Do It!" Maybe I will carry a card around, but most likely a pen would be better. Then an invitation to do something with them. I think that's all it takes. Maybe you will start a new friendship, or maybe you'll never see them again. But, who will know if you don't try.
3 years ago
My sentiments exactly! If only we were neighbors...
ReplyDelete