Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Exhaustion

It was my first full work day in a while. I've got to say I absolutely loved it. I loved it enough to consider changing my mind about being a stay-at-home Mom. In fact, I think I would like to be a part-time stay at home Mom. Maybe work M-W-F? or T-R?

I'm actually LIKING the idea. Wow!!

OH man, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job. I had 4 kiddos today. I worked about 9 1/2 hours and it was physical. Running, jumping, picking kiddos up, swinging them around, throwing balls, dodging punches and scratches. Wooo!! I started off in cute shoes and and my adorable white pants. I ended up switching to my running shoes after my first kiddo. My pants ripped after my third kiddo (in the gluteus maximus area - good thing I had a long shirt on) and I switched to my work-out pants.

Everywhere I drove I saw the beautiful mountains. It was a gorgeous, no clouds in the sky type of day here and I came home on a high. Even though, I didn't stop by the gym on the way home I wanted to work out. So.... I did about 4 sets of lunges. I came in, tackled the project of setting up our new lamp and then I crashed.

CRASHED! My legs and arms feel heavy. Moving is almost painful. It is that feeling when you actually over worked your muscles. Not good sore, bad sore. In fact, I should probably be making myself a protein shake as I speak. Poor Oscar is still at school and the house is a nightmarish mess.

So.... in the next ten minutes, I will pull myself off the deliciously comfortable sofa, blend up a protein shake whip the house into shape and then drive over and pick up my handsome devil from school.

Carpe Diem!

Francine

2 comments:

  1. You are Wonder Woman!

    p.s. I meant "silly goose" in my other comment. Justin won't leave me alone about it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,now I have to read your other comment. :) I was actually shaking last night, my legs were so tired.

    Seriously though, I'm not wonder woman, these parents are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete