So, last night Oscar and I drove three hours to our home town to spend 4.5 hours at a family party. Then drove two hours back.
It was fun. We laughed, we ate, we drank. I had a few personal talks with family members which I loved!! I talked with Claudia about the possibility of and proximity of her and Phil trying to conceive a baby. I talked with Lorena about her mother becoming pregnant with her at 17 and how proud Oscar is of his neice and I heard thanks from Eli for teaching her about positive reinforcement in child raising.
I also (somehow) started a gymnastics ssn with the kids that led to me teaching Eli and them the basics to perfect a somersault, headsstand, handstand, the splits and a backwalkover. This ssn lasted probably over an hour and included me changing out of my dress and into shorts and modeling a back bend (not wise) and many other tricks.
So here I am at 5:01am thinking about how I did a backbend when i shouldn't have. At the time, it felt very worth it. Now? Not so much. Tomorrow is my first day of field hockey and I hope my back does not hinder me.
Did I mention that today is the first day of field hockey?
Yes. I am excited.
Oh and we brought our little 17 year old brother in-law with us. Oscar just woke him up to go to work with him at 5 in the morning. I guess that is what Danny signed up for when coming to stay with us.... waking up at 4:45am on Sunday to get trained.
Anyways, I am excited for the week and should probably see if I can get a couple more hours of work in.
haha, did I say work. I meant sleep. Good night.
With love!!!
~ Francine
3 years ago
Haha, you're so funny when you write when you're tired!
ReplyDelete