Monday, April 18, 2011

Green Smoothie - avocado, banana, apple, spinach, lemon


This morning I got out up on the wrong side of the bed. I am a grouch and I hate being this way.

I had to put money into the judgement jar for lashing out at Oscar. He has been sitting in the chair in the living room for the last two+ hours reading different books, while I made and served him a delicious breakfast, an ok smoothie and then picked up and vacuumed the house.

I love that he reads! I love that he is learning and enthusiastic about it, but on this grouchy morning, I really just wanted to workout (which I don't like to do in front of him). I also wanted to listen to music!!! I could have used headphones, but yah, instead I lost a quarter. I should have read my Bible, but did not.

phew. I feel a little better now. It is 8:30am and I am going to get a lot of great things done today. Working out is going to be like medicine this morning - I need that stress reliever. Then I get to shower and look cute.


Apple Banana Avocado Spinach Lemon Smoothie Recipe - Sparkpeople RATING: 3/5

Ingredients:
    2 medium granny smith
    1 ripe banana
    1 cup fresh spinach
    1 cup romaine
    1 avocado
    1 lemon, cut up (with or with skin)
    1 TBS ground flax seed
    1.5 cups water

Comments:
I liked this a little better than yesterday's, but nothing to write home over. The apples gave it a nice taste. I didn't end up finishing yesterday's smoothie because it was too creamy. I think tomorrow we are doing one w/o avocados. This was creamy as well and also lacked flavor.


1 comment:

  1. I could have told you that about both smoothies just by looking at the ingredients! You need something bold in flavor. Can't think of anything off the top of my head.

    Why don't you like to work out in front of Oscar? And, by the way, you ALWAYS look cute!

    Glad you are blogging again! I missed you!

    ReplyDelete