Thursday, April 21, 2011

Today we cleaned out our storage. Oscar was a champ and did all the heavy lifting. Some kids were playing hide and go seek out in the courtyard. I made cookies for our friendly neighbors. It was a beautiful day.

Here are a few backlogged recipes:

Raw Tomato Soup - Raw Radiant Health RATING: 5/5 (SUBJECTIVE, OSCAR RATES IT A 1/5)

Ingredients:
    1/2 red bell pepper (seeds and pits removed)
    1 celery stick
    7 Italian tomatoes
    1/2 cucumber (with seeds and peel removed)
    3 cloves of garlic
    3 tbsp of cold pressed organic olive oil
    1 tsp celtic sea salt
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper


Instructions:
Blend on variable 4 in the Vitamix until hot. Can be made in other blenders as well and heated on the stove.

Comments:
I only made 1/4 of this recipe to see if I'd like it. I'm normally not a fan of raw tomatoes at all. I absolutely loved it. I made it for lunch on a cloudy day and I felt all warm and toasty inside for hours. I made it for Oscar for dinner and he wouldn't even eat it (this has only happened once before). Muy interesante. I can not safely recommend it, but I'll make it again for myself. :)

Kale and Banana Smoothie - The Best of Raw Food RATING: 2/5

Ingredients:
    2 bananas
    5 kale leafs
    2 tbsp hemp seed
    1 bag of frozen blueberries (I used three cups)
    2.5 cups of water

Comments:
So, I am still drinking green smoothies which aren't very tasty, lol. That's ok, health is the major factor and I am happy about that. After a few sips, it all starts tasting better anyways. I know there are yummy recipes out there, I just have to find them. If this had a milk base, I think it would be better. I just need to use some common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment