Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Purple Monstrosity Fruit Smoothie

Friday, April 22, 2011

Kale & Apple Smoothie

    My smoothie this morning was really yummy.

Purple Monstrosity Fruit Smoothie - Modified from All Recipes RATING: 4.5/5

Ingredients:
    2 bananas
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup orange juice (I used 4 oranges)
    1 tbsp honey (I didn't use - optional)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used the equivalent in vanilla powder- optional)
    1/2 cup kale leave (optional - I added to the recipe to make it green)

Comments:
Came out looking like a chocolate shake (despite the name) I guess the green and purple made brown. ANYWAYS, it would have gotten a 5/5, but I put it in the fridge and the texture got too thick. It was yummy, actually the first really typically good smoothie I've had in a while. It was also pretty filling. I didn't get hungry until much later in the day.

We are running low on greens and high on bananas, so it will be interesting to see what I make tomorrow. Cilantro & banana??? hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment