Sunday, July 3, 2011



One of my projects this weekend was to format my High School Xanga journals and turn them into a tangible product through lulu.com.

I wrote in Xanga on and off from November 2005 through June 2010. It is such a joy to be able to reflect on my day to day experiences as a teenager and young adult and inspired me to begin writing again on Blogger.

Today was out of the ordinary, to say the least. I am home on a Saturday for the first time in over a month, Oscar is not here and I stayed out socializing with my neighbors until 1am in the morning.

It was a wonderful day. I've been enjoying my alone time and honestly, wish it were a little longer. Oscar is camping with friends this weekend and has left me to organize the house and my thoughts. He has been so busy lately with work that he is a bit of a heartache for me. We used to spend time together every evening, but lately he gets home so late and only wants to read, which is typically a solitary experience. I am so busy making him food and cleaning up his messes, I just feel removed from the relationship. I feel irrationally needy because we are going on dates and we are both trying to do things so that we can connect better. I think I will suggest listening to audio books instead of reading separately in the evening. My gut feeling is that my "needy" feelings are legitimate. I know that this is how distance in a relationship begins and I do not want that to happen with us.

There is so much to write about in a single day. I am going to finish this posting in phrases only

Enjoying the sun....writing outside....25 things I've learned before I turned 25...... cleaning house..... squeezing oranges.......killing fruit flies.... feeling guilty about killing fruit flies..... studying for my final......watching Monk......doing laundry......planning for Hawaii...... sending Oscar pictures on the iphone....... Going over to Michael's after dinner.... hearing about his literal fight with his ex (she punched him).... hearing about drama..... talking with Melissa...... talking about $17,000 worth of art..... hearing passion regarding art..... driving Michael's friend home....... being publicly praised on attributes (such as being nice, etc.)...... being irked by that...... Grandma in hospital...... Grandma going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment