Tuesday, July 5, 2011



Good Morning World,

Let's talk Independence Day. I woke up fresh with lots of energy! I got a lot done around the house. It looked so spick and span and was truly neat and clean (not anymore - but we'll talk about that later).

By the time Oscar came home at 10:30am, I had worked out (a bit), done most of my chores, studied the Bible and had lunch prepared for him.

This man! He had the rest of the day off and was ready to use it. He is still in "after camping trip" infatuation with me. I got nothing done the rest of the day. It was ok because family is most important. Plus, I thoroughly enjoyed this! It was wonderful!! I got a little studying done, but not much. I exchanged some clothes at Nordstrom's Rack, BUT will have to exchange them again as Oscar did not like them very much.

What else? at 5pm was the Fastest Greenest Mile, so I dropped Oscar off at the start and went over to South Pasadena High School with a blanket, snacks and board games. Oscar did very well at his race, beating the time he was aiming for. He got 5:33:03 (my initial time was off two seconds). I got some great photos, but haven't uploaded yet. After the race Oscar still had so much energy! It was hot outside and barely anyone was there that early. I just laid down and relaxed while he cooled down. We played a romantic game of Scrabble (yes, it can be romantic) and around 7pm went to the food court to try samples and get something for dinner. Oscar got Peruvian food and cantaloupe agua fresca (reminds me that we want to go to Cusco next year if we get the money together).

I decided to eat a bell pepper salad that I brought and get a crepe for dessert. Oh my goodness, it was VERY good! It was great to see all the food tents making the food on the spot in the open air. Return to scrabble. I got busted by the POLICE for 1) wearing heels and 2) bringing in food - both no no's. We came in so early that noone was checking and although I guessed about the food, I had zero idea about the heels. The officer was very nice though and was fine with me taking off the heels and hiding away the food.

At around 8:30pm, our friend Joel came. He got there just in time for us to pack up our stuff and lay down for the fireworks. They were a beautiful display with narration similar to San Marcos'. I videotaped the ENTIRE thing, I doubt I will want to watch it again..........BUT, you never know. The first time Oscar asked me out was after 4th of July, so it is a special Holiday for us. We have had wonderful 4th of July's (save one) ever since.

Right after the fireworks ended, people pack up and head for the door. We were quick and returned home with Joel. Oscar made everyone a margarita and we played cards (Egyptian) until almost midnight. I was a fool and did some gymnastics. Oscar was walking on his hands at the school and I did a hand stand, went into a bridge to catch myself and then went up from there. It didn't hurt me, so I felt false confidence. Last night, Oscar wanted to show me off, so I did it again at home and a front hand spring. He video'd it and it looked great, but late last night, I was feeling pretty crippled with pain. It doesn't hurt when I sit up straight and do not move much. Anyways, this is a good reminder that I just can't do that again. I really hurt myself.

Moving on... The night was a lot of fun. It was romantic and we both feel so much pride in this country where individuals and government fight for "liberty and justice for all."

Truly.... "God Bless America"


PS. Oh and as for the house, it looks like little elves came in over night and got pleasure from tearing it apart. I didn't clean up before retiring last night and it's just a disaster scene. Oooh the work of a homemaker is ongoing.

LOVE TO ALL!

~ Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment