Thursday, July 7, 2011



Sensational! I feel exuberantly joyful on this wonderful morning. It is the morning of my husband's 25th Birthday!

He is a quarter of a century. I wanted to get him a balloon that said, "Over the Hill," (as a joke of course), but the only one that the store had late at night was deflated, and I didn't feel like driving across town.

I feel like it is Christmas morning. I woke up early and wrapped an assortment of odd gifts for that husband of mine. I will post a picture later. It looks pretty cute!! From now on all my close friends are getting ACTUAL gifts on their Birthday, no longer just calls or flowers. I adore this feeling!! Everyone should feel special on their bday. I wrapped a book my mom sent from Amazon, a package of rice, an 8 pack of Hansen's soda and a coffee mug from his favorite local coffee shop. Atop the pile of presents is a mini balloon (made for flower bouquets) and a photo card printed at CVS Photo.

Wow! I just had a huge adrenaline rush. phew. I think I'm going to go back to sleep, lol.

On another note yesterday was a beautiful day. I've been having so much energy to clean in the morning and none at night, so it's not the best pattern, but I've noticed it doesn't really take much effort to whip the house into shape each morning (hate that expression by the way)

So yesterday morning, I tidied up, vacuumed the upholstery and washed/dried/put away the laundry. After that I got ready for my day (despite the fact that it was already 11:30am.

My mom called me crying about my Grandma. My grandma is needing so much more support these days. She is mentally with it most of the time, but is getting really confused when she first wakes up and when she suffers from UTIs, which seems to be a continual thing. Her last UTI really took a lot out of her. She ended up going to the hospital and lost a lot of energy. My mom had someone coming every day of the week before for several hours each day, but it wasn't enough. Every time something happens with my grandma (she slips out of bed and doesn't know how to get up or once her foot fell asleep and she didn't know what to do), she presses her lifeline. This used to happen once every six months or so, then once every few months and the last couple weeks it has happened several times. After the hospital visit (just last weekend), my mom has been paying a service to send someone out all hours of the day. She is just so exhausted. She doesn't have the money to pay for that and my Grandma has made it clear to everyone that she does not want to go to an assisted living home. My mom feels absolutely horrible "making" her go to a home, but doesn't want her to get hurt. The doctor and nurse gave my mom a lecture when my Grandma was at the hospital.

My mom is extremely involved, it is just that my Grandma is stubborn and fights her caretakers when it comes to taking baths. Most of the time (outside of sickness and just waking up) she is smart and logical, but physically she is struggling. Everything is an effort. Hopefully, my grandma will warm up to the idea of a home. My mom would be able to visit her almost every day because it will be close to her and we will get to see her more often as well because we visit San Marcos so often. My mom said she found a place that looks promising with beautiful greenery a private bedroom, bathroom and living area. She hasn't decided what to do yet, she is looking at live-in caregivers and different homes. Another option is for my mom to move up there.

I spent the next hour or so looking up different "Jobs Wanted" ads for live-in caregivers for my mom.

Then off to work I go. My kiddo needed to end early. Dr. Bill came and was in a surly mood (possibly because it was so hot). I got a stern word about not filling out a form I did not know I was supposed to fill out and some praise for my performance as a tutor. I was unhappy with this. I like it when people not only gush about my performance, but envision me in a higher position. Up until now I have seen that from him. My gut says he was having an off day and this will not reflect his opinion of me negatively. I hope I am right. I also crave more positive reinforcement, as I said....I prefer lavish amounts of praise! :) I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

Post work, I picked up Oscar's Birthday card from CVS and came home to an unexpected nap. An hour and a half later Oscar gets home from work hungry. Half asleep, I make him food. He is tired. We had planned to see a movie. He waits until I do my hair, makeup and get dressed up and then tells me he isn't feeling it. I can't blame him for not wanting to go, but I was visibly disappointed. He felt badly. I felt better in a half hour and let him know. He went to sleep for the night at 9:30pm. I stayed up late doing everything BUT studying and eating for the "THE GAIN WEIGHT AND FEEL BAD" diet.

And now it's Oscar's Birthday. The cats are awake. Oscar's alarm has been going off on and off for the last half hour. I hope I can slip into bed again with him for a short bit before he awakes.

Have a wonderful day world! My husband is stronger, faster, more intelligent and more mature than he has been in his entire life. I can't wait until I turn 25 as well. Looking forward to the next chapter in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment