Thursday, January 22, 2009

10 Day Lemonade Diet - attempt #1

Today is Day 1 of our 10-Day Lemonade Diet. God provided us with a bag full of free lemons and we realized this is our time to do the Master Cleanser Diet.

Ingredients:
- Uniodized Sea Salt
- Lemons
- Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
- Cayenne Pepper
- Purified or Spring Water
- Herbal Tea Laxative

Salt Water Flush Recipe
- 2 level teaspoons of uniodized salt to a..
- quart of lukewarm water

*Drink upon rising

Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice NOT BOTTLED JUICE!! (approx. 1/2 lemon),
- 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) organic Grade B maple syrup
- 1/10 Teaspoon or more cayenne pepper
- 1 Cup (8 fluid ounces) purified or spring water, NOT fluoridated water

*Drink 6-10 Servings a Day

Herbal Laxative Tea (can be found at most grocery stores)
* Drink every evening (preferably right before going to bed)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if you've never heard of "The Lemonade Diet" or "Master Cleanser Diet" is not, in our situation, a weight loss diet. The purpose is to.....

" is to dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion; to cleanse the kidneys and digestive system; to purify glands; to eliminate waste and hardened materials in the joints and muscles; to build a healthy bloodstream and to maintain optimal blood pressure."

It is one of my 2009 resolutions as well as one of my 101 in 1001 (which I will post later). We are both excited about going on this diet and starting a healthier 2009.

Wish us Luck!!!

DAY 1 -
8:45am, I am excited! I just drank the salt flush, which was not amazing and i made my day's worth of lemonade! EEK! I am excited. A little worried that the lemonade will be too spicy. we shall see. :)
DAY 2 -
Oscar officially cheated on his diet - stinker! but, I am going strong. :) In fact, I am going amazingly strong. I feel good and I survived the second day! yay! which included sitting at Olive Garden watching Oscar eat breadsticks, yummy salad and chicken fettucini alfredo and not partaking one bit.
DAY 3 -
The diet is officially over. I actually feel really good about it. I didn't cheat out of temptation. I was getting sick (2/3 of my kiddos are sick) and i mistook it for reactions to the diet, so I had chicken noodle soup last night. Thank God I had no negative reaction to that. I will do it again, maybe not soon though. I felt so clean and powerful over my body and my cravings. It was also so nice to just have something to eat without thinking of calories, etc. overall, a wonderful experience. I am sure I will complete this goal later in my 1001 days. I feel like I learned a lot about temptation and control.

No comments:

Post a Comment