

I have to admit that ever since I saw the documentary Super Size Me, I have had a huge bias against McDonalds.
I did, however, pull over in hungry desperation several months ago. It was my first time entering a McDonalds in over 10 years. I was impressed, yet suspicious - realize this is a huge leap for me even to enter a McDonalds. Anyhow, to avoid making a short story long, I ordered the fruit parfait and it was delicious.
McDonald's Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait

calories: 160
total fat: 2g
saturated fat: 1g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 5mg
sodium: 85mg
carbohydrates: 31g
fiber: 1g
sugar: 21g
protein: 4g
Healthy'ish' & Delicious. I am still not crazy about supporting McDonalds, but if I do, this is what I would get. There are a few other things on the menu that are not HORRIBLE compared to other fast food joints.
McDonald's Chipotle BBQ Snack Wrap - grilled

calories: 260
total fat: 9g
saturated fat: 3.5g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 45g
sodium: 830mg
carbohydrates: 28g
fiber: 1g
sugars: 5g
protein: 18g
Another under 300 calories at McDonalds is the regular old hamburger (very similar nutrients to the above). but, I know I won't be getting that, so I'm not posting it.
I went to McDonald's a couple weeks ago for the first time since like 7th grade. But I had a spicy chicken sandwich and fries--random craving!
ReplyDelete