Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wendy's Fast Food for 300 calories!


So, I have to admit now that I am temporarily through with my lemonade diet, I am pretty jazzed to find some healthy and hearty meals for 300 or less.

The goal is to have 4-7 meals at 300 calories each a day. Once you've got a collection of enough of these meals, hopefully eating will be quick, easy and delicious choices.

NOW.........today's focus will be on FAST FOOD! Yes, that is right. I am talking about fast food. That is where my journey led me first. So, here are some quickies you can pick up and not feel too guilty about. (if your not co
ncerned about the money!)


SALAD
Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad
calories: 180
total fat: 2g
saturated fat: 0.5g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 65mg
sodium: 630mg
total carb: 16g

fiber: 2g
sugar: 12g
protein: 24g

**TIP - make sure to order without the crispy noodles and roasted almonds and oriental sesame dressing which add an additional 23.5g of fat and 370 calories.


So......I don't really eat at Wendy's. However, it is so nice to know that if I forget to eat lunch, I can pick up a cheapo salad that is decent for me. Lots of sodium, but overall, not horrible.


SIDES
Wendy's Plain Bak
ed Potato
calories: 270
total fat: 0g
saturated fat: 0g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 0mg
sodium: 25mg
total carb: 61g

fiber: 7g
sugar: 3g
protein: 7g


So......I happen to really enjoy baked potatoes, and the fact that I could pick up something warm, filling and yummy from Wendy's is good. No fat, no cholesterol. YAY!

NOTE: Wendy's has several sandwiches, burgers and wraps which are 300 calories or close to it, but the amount of cholesterol and/or saturated fat is too high to make it a healthy choice to include here.

No comments:

Post a Comment