
We found a name we both like. No, we aren't having a baby yet. Think 2-3 years from now. But, when do start to talk about potential baby names, we very rarely agree. They are actually fun conversations and we had a long one last night. This conversation centered on GIRL's names (you know, in case something went "wrong" and we ended up with a girl, lol).
I tend to like old fashioned names, while he likes more ostentatious names such as Delilah. (very pretty and we agreed a potential for a middle name, though I'm not crazy about it).
Anyways, today on Facebook I saw someone with the name Alison. I asked Oscar is he likes it. He does!! I do!!!
The little girl could be called Aly, Alice, maybe even Alisa (thought that's pushing it). So, she could choose, also Alison by itself is pretty. I could just imagine saying, "Hey Aly girl, why are you so BEAUTIFUL?!?!" Yes, because that's how I talk to my family members and even my kids at work. (Although at work, substitute words such as amazing, adorable, intelligent) I feel like I have to be careful with calling peoples kids beautiful, for unfortunate societal reasons.
Anyways it means a noble sort or noble kind. mmmm, so maybe one day we will have a very noble Alison Sanchez? We shall see.
***oh and the picture is totally for Cheski. My favorite baby store right now is oompa.com and my favorite brand is Haba. Although the above isn't my favorite toy, I think I will be buying it for a certain friend if she has a girl in the YEARS to come. It plays a lullaby when you pull its tail & can be machine washed :)
1. Love the picture! Very cute piggy. Thanks!
ReplyDelete2. Nice emphasis on "years." haha
3. Justin wants a boy first too. Husbands! jk
4. I really like the name Alison. It was my favorite in middle school. I think it sounds pretty and sweet.
5. I love the name Delilah, but I'm afraid people will think of the Biblical Delilah.
Oscar saw me looking at my blog and said, "Is this a picture of our future baby." I just laughed and I think I said, yah.
ReplyDeleteI thought of you when I saw the toy, if I let myself I get way too into baby toys. I am glad you like the name Alison. We are sticking to it for now. I will tell Oscar about the Delilah concern. I don't think he's stuck on the name, but name meanings are important. She could always be the good Delilah though, have the POWER to seduce the men, but then making the right decision in the end. :)
The girl's name Delilah \d(e)-li-lah\ is pronounced dee-LYE-lah. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "languishing, lovelorn, seductive". Biblical: the woman who beguiled Samson into revealing the secret of his superhuman strength.
My big beef though would be that there are no nicknames. Lily? I like that nickname. Perhaps there is room for it as a firstname. Lots of ideas.