Friday, December 11, 2009

Ahhh.......Chooo

So, I'm sick today. And everything is looking up. :)

I've been re-reading the verses I wrote in the post a few posts back. Matthew 6:25-34. I even printed out a copy, so I could read it in my car throughout the day (that was yesterday though, boy did I need it).

Me being sick somehow confirms my emotional moods and makes me feel better about it. At least there is a reason, right?

I spent the morning watching The Nanny on Youtube (yes, I know it is silly, but I like it) and entering Giveaways. I haven't spent a specific blog talking about giveaways, but Cheski you read my ehow Article and may have seen my blog, Jumping on Trampolines on my column list.

Anyways, one of the tips recommended to me by budget moms was to start preparing for Baby costs early and if we decide to conceive in October 2010, now is the perfect time. Especially when this stuff is free!! And really fun!!

Although, I think it would be more profitable to invest my time in writing for eHow, I am having a lot of fun doing this. So far, I have won $50 for Sprout Baby, a cute little animal humidifier and baby bottles. It really is fun to learn about all the little gadgets needed or desired for baby as well. I've been reading through The Birth to Five Book by Brenda Nixon which is a lot of fun and some good tips.

I also need to learn spanish (or start learning to speak spanish), get down to 20% body fat percentage and make sure I've been cooking from scratch for at least 30 days before ttc. I also need to make sure Oscar and I are on super solid ground, so I'm assuming marriage strengthening exercises are on their way. Until later, just wanted to update, today is turning out to be a rainy, yet joyful day.

5 comments:

  1. I admit, I didn't click on the links in your article. But now I did. Smart idea to have a separate blog for giveaways!

    Yeah, my spark for eHow has been dimmed lately. I need to get on a roll again, probably after the holidays.

    Hmm, your pregnancy preparation list is similar to mine. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel a lot better Cheski. I am worried a little bit about work, but really just trying to push that to the back of my mind and take one day at a time.

    I would be interested in comparing pregnancy prep lists that sounds like fun. The giveaways def. are. Oh and don't worry about not clicking on links on my articles, lol, you don't even have to read my articles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning The Birth to Five Book, hope you're enjoying it and finding some insightful research and practical parenting tips.
    Brenda Nixon
    author, The Birth to Five Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that the author commented on your blog!!!

    I have an unofficial pregnancy prep list:
    1. Exercise 3-5 times a week
    2. Manage time and stress better
    3. Eat more nutritiously
    4. Work on my spirituality
    5. Strengthen my relationship with Justin

    I would also like to learn Spanish, but what I know is enough for my children to end up like me: knowing basics and conversation, understanding the language, and having a foundation for easily learning more in school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!! What a surprise that she commented. Brenda, if you are reading this, I just finished the book and have really enjoyed it. It is an especially good book for hubby too due to its concise nature.

    Moving on, Cheski, your list does look a lot like mine. A LOT! Do you remember, Andrea Ianni, from high school? I just saw on Facebook that she is pregnant and looks beautiful. It made me want a baby again. But, then, I look at my life situation and realize its not the most ideal time. I am sure it will be filled with so much adventure though. And exhaustion... And joy...

    ReplyDelete