Sunday, December 20, 2009

Twitterpated - Weekly Update



Oooh, I love Disney!! This should be required viewing for tweens, right? As I was responding to your comment about romance, Cheski, I had this clip in my head. So glad someone put it up on Youtube. I think the the whole movie is up there...............moving on.

Another eventful week. Well, I guess that is life, right?

HUGE EVENT
- My company is changing my supervisor, again. I found out on Friday and it just made my stomach feel queasy. I feel happy in a way....because I was having conflict with my current supervisor. And I feel that the Lord must have been arranging things in the best possible way for both of us. YET, I feel a disappointed that I didn't get to RESOLVE the conflict. I was so determined to work on it and learn from him and prove that I could get through this and be flexible. And I don't get to do that now. On another note, I feel sad for my families. My soon-to-be past/current supervisor has been excellent with the parents and they feel so secure in his hands. I am sure it will be very difficult for them to switch so soon. But, they will do it.

Change is the world of therapy. There is always a lot of change and it is unique that I've been with my kiddos as long as I have. I wish my Supervisor the best and will trust that God has great things in store for me. My new supervisor has been in the field since 2000 and seems to know her stuff. She also seems to understand my questions, which is good.

This is a picture of the team I am leaving. My supervisor/old sup is the one lucky guy in the group of beautiful women. This picture leads in to the..... Company Christmas Party!!!

It was seriously so much fun. They had it at a local restaurant. When I came in our beautiful ladies from administration clapped their hands saying they were so happy I came and gave me a hug (what a GREAT greeting). There was dancing, a Mexican buffet and drinks (though of course I had virgin drinks).

It was really great to see my co-workers who I ONLY see at group trainings or corporate events. The picture to the left (or second photo) is of the team I was originally part of when I started. These ladies were so sweet to accept me in as a friend. I really only met them once or twice while I was in their group, but they treat me as an old friend every time we meet.

Note, their hair. Oscar wants me to grow my hair out again and more and more I am noticing the luscious and large curls women are wearing with longer hair. Even though I look better with short hair. Curling my hair sounds like a fun part of having long hair again.
Mmm, what else has happened this week? I got another giveaway win in the mail which was a cute apron (will post pictures later) and it was exciting.

I received a very generous Christmas gift from one of my families (which I may or may not have to return) still deciding whether I will ask my supervisor or just keep it.

I got six items from the Goodwill store for $20 (pretty exciting). I took pictures Cheski style, but will post later. The outfit I wore for the party was from Goodwill and the shirt BRAND NEW (still tags on it) for only $3.

Oh, and Kyla my friend from college came to visit for a night and morning. It was wonderful to get to see her and talk about life. :)

Other than that, I have just been working a lot, trying to still make food from scratch and wallowing in the fact that I'm not ready for Christmas. This weekend I have made great strides. But, have still not bought all my presents for family members. Oy.

Until Later, Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Soooo proud of you for shopping at Goodwill and wearing your finds! As for long hair, I am so jealous of girls with beautiful, deep brown curls. But I look better with short hair too, I don't want the hassle of long hair, and I don't know how to use a curling iron anyway. Bummer. You, on the other hand, look gorgeous no matter what. I can see long hair with lovely curls working on you.

    Hope thing work out with your new supervisor.

    ReplyDelete