Ready for a somber update?I guess that is just the mood I am in. I usually do weekly updates on Saturdays, but why not vent?
First of all, GOOD NEWS!!! Oscar is done with his finals!!
Not so amazing news... My sister is not coming to our Christmas celebration this year and I had a one hour talk with my new supervisor today which involved me crying on and off.
Oh man, I feel so uncertain about the work situation. I feel devastated about my sister. Even though, I understand getting older and families growing apart, I feel like Christmas is the only tradition the four of us have that really is positive and unites us. Otherwise, my sister has just drifted further and further away, I'm still close to both my parents. Christmas has always been an intimate and bonding Holiday for us and I am devastated that she is missing it.
As for work, I have noticed friction between me and my new sup for the last couple weeks. I am glad that he spoke to me about it and hopefully, this will end on a positive note. But, it sounds as if my desire to do everything correctly has made him feel like I am not trusting him. Sigh. It's not a super positive situation. I guess out of all his therapists, I am the only one giving him "trouble." I am not trying to give him trouble and I've never had anything but good reviews, so this is difficult for me. I guess we just aren't communicating well. After the talk, I felt really good about it, but about a half hour later, I couldn't believe all the things I told him. Probably not the wisest idea. I was just completely open and honest and trying not to offend. Sigh.
Good news, once again, is that Oscar gets his vacation now. We have a wonderful family of kitties and a happy home.
**Oh and did I mention that Bella has regressed because Oscar didn't approach her how I told him to.
And that I keep replaying the conversation with my supervisor over and over again in my head. blah. Let's just hope it turns out positive in the end. No more conflict at work allowed. That is it.
What did you guys talk about? What were the problems you each had with the other? How could anyone have a problem with you? Do you need me to give him a taste of feisty Cheski? jk
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your sister is not coming. Hopefully it will only be a one-time thing. Prayers for you, her, and Bella!
p.s. Beautiful photo!
I like that photo too, there are a lot of gorgeous shots on Flickr.
ReplyDeleteOne of the things that I do at my job is ask a LOT of questions. In the past, I have always gotten good reviews for this, but this supervisor I think was just coming from an entirely different background and he felt like I didn't trust him or was doubting him. When I really was just trying to figure out how to do the best job I could. He started acting defensive and kind of angry and I upped my question answering because I was more confused than ever. I'm hoping things will be better, I tried to convey very much to him that I just wanted to do a better job and learn to be the best therapist I could be. He started the conversation with what seemed to be a defensive stance, but ended it, much more naturally. so....fingers crossed, we will be able to move on. I appreciate that he took the time to speak with me.
Oscar always asks me if he can "beat anyone up for me," lol. Cheski feistiness is a good thing. I just start crying when it gets serious, I cried on and off throughout the conversation, completely involuntarily, I would much rather be able to intelligently stand my ground. Oh well, life goes on and maybe this will end up working to my benefit? You never know. Or maybe I'm meant to be at another job.
Thanks for your prayers. We all need them. :)