Why do we make it so hard on ourselves? There is so much to love about life, yet I feel we often ignore the good only to focus on....the bad? Not necessarily. But ourselves, most definitely.
How much do we miss out on because we are so wrapped up in ourselves. So much joy comes from giving. We miss out on a lot when we don't make that part of our lives.......
I am so grateful for my husband!! He is whipping me into shape. Which is good because I have officially gained some weight. I hadn't wanted to step onto the scale, but did so this morning and yup, I'm back up to my high school weight. (gasp) your high school weight, how horrible!!! I know, right? Except this is the "not muscular, gained flab" weight.
I already knew because of how my body looked, but its official. Anyways, I will be staying away from the scale for awhile. I just want to focus on getting healthy and my weight has very little to do with that (for me at least.) I'll probably go down at first and then back up to where I am now. My goal is for me to be at this weight, but with muscle, not fat. If that makes any sense. Pretty much my goal is to be healthy. I like that goal. :)
I ran for 15 minutes straight this morning. I felt good about it. :) I'm looking forward to doing some 5ks this year and in 2010. Its the perfect length for me to be goal-oriented about, have fun, and still get in with plenty of time to cheer for Oscar in the half or full marathon......
I sat outside for over an hour with the kitties this morning. It was wonderful!! I read my Bible and they ate grass, chased bugs and looked around taking in the aromas of the outside world. Our neighborhood feral cat came out to watch. I kept an eye on my kitties to make sure they would be nice. He just watched for a few minutes then walked away. I ran into the house to get his food for him and placed it away from our kitties. He ate it all. He/she is very afraid of humans, but our complex as a whole is adopting him. Oscar and I are not the only ones who feeds him. I know of at least 3 of us. But he is still skin and bones. Beautiful kitty though and getting less and less afraid of us. I LOVE it!! Just hope he doesn't give my babies any diseases.........
Can't wait to get rid of the TV. We haven't figured out exactly how yet. It has sentimental value for Oscar. Oscar has had it since high school, and knows how to use all the settings. He told me to sell it on Craigslist. But, I dw much moneyon't know ho we would get for it $20, $40, it's so outdated. I should just do it. That is after I get my new digital camera...........
Anyways, the next step after losing the TV, is minimizing online time. Goal = checking only two times a day, writing my ehow article and DONE!! That is the goal. Writing on my blogger, is of course ok as well.
Off I go to attempt to finish my ehow article and wow my supervisors at my job.
Have a beautiful day!!! Filled with appreciation, love, and praise.
3 years ago
I wish I could get rid of our TV! Good luck with your health goals. My exercise and health has declined. Back in July I was in good shape, but certain circumstances have made it difficult for me to continue; namely, the weather (too hot to run outside, unless I run early in the morning or at dinnertime), my IBS, sore muscles, and finances (unhealthy food is cheaper). I'm struggling with body image again, and it hit hard when I went clothing shopping yesterday. :(
ReplyDelete