Saturday, September 19, 2009

Inspirational Fridge Message

Ran at my mom's house this morning. I got some great perspective on where I live now and where I came from. Very interesting.

But, the most interesting thing I saw this morning is a 8x11 piece of paper on the fridge. Held up by kitty and dog magnets, it says in large bold print:

REMEMBER THAT THIS ISN'T ABOUT PERFECTION, IT'S ABOUT PERSISTENCE.

THINK OF THE 13TH VERSE OF PHILIPPIANS, CHAPTER 4, "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME."

YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR DESTINATION OVERNIGHT, BUT YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR DIRECTION OVERNIGHT.

A piece of wisdom from my dear mom. After writing this, I just went on an almost two hour long walk with her. I am thoroughly impressed. On our walk, we came across an old woman who my mom often sees. She is very old, looks around the age of my Grandma who is 92. She has a stooped back and walked very slowly with her dog. My mom says hi to her and she says, "my back hurts today, but if I don't walk, I won't be able to move at all. You can't give up. You've got to keep moving."

Sooooo, here's some inspiration from my good old home town. This in itself was worth the drive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment