So, I liked our talk yesterday, Cheski. I think, we can feel so trapped by money which is so the opposite of what we want to be. It got me thinking. Which is always good. And to some extent, the lyrics above hit on some truth that we feel sometimes.
Just for perspective, I thought it was a REALLY REALLY REALLY good time to share a family announcement!!!
Oscar and I are officially sponsoring a child through Compassion International.
We had them pick a child who had been waiting the longest and who really needed a sponsor. We got Bryan Jesalen Campoverde Lema.
I have no idea why he was waiting long for a sponsor because he is ABSOLUTELY adorable. Unlike World Vision, Compassion International gives directly to the kiddo, not the community he/she lives in.
Anyways, to him............we are rich men!!! Just because of our currency and where we were born.
More perspective.............. The Zambia Project
We can feed one orphan in Zambia two meals a day for an ENTIRE year for 38 US dollars. WOW!!! We are definitely in a rich man's world. We are sooooooooooo rich. And we lament not having clothes, cute apartment, whatever your specific want/need is and we can feed an orphan for entire YEAR with only $38.
I feel so blessed not only for all the comforts that we have, but because our currency is so high that we can help others. Yes, I feel like I have a much better perspective now.
Matthew 6:24 - No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
I think the closer we get to God, the more free we will find ourselves from financial stresses.
Keep Bryan Jesalen in your prayers!!!!
*MWAH*
First of all, I LOVE ABBA and Mamma Mia! And I enjoyed our talking very much.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on sponsoring a child! I've always wanted to do that. It is so true that we are such a rich nation. Our poor is still rich by the rest of the world's standards. Sometimes I feel as if I take for granted all my blessings. I truly am grateful for all that God has blessed me with. I need to use my blessings to bless others.
p.s. Justin says hi to Oscar.