Oscar started his Basketball team yesterday and it was sooo much fun!!
I thought it was going to be outside (for some reason) so I brought a baseball hat, towel to sit on, changed out of my dress, etc.........but OF COURSE it was in the gym at a local school. Good thing Oscar threw away our old lounge/beach chair, because I was going to bring that too!!
It was fun. Really Really fun! His team was the underdog (at least in my mind). None of them had EVER met before. When we showed up there was 8 people from the other team practicing and then one man on our side (the creator). So, we waited for about 10-15 minutes and there were still only two people on our side. What is going to happen??? I worried. But, Oscar was just smiling and practicing away. Then comes our next guy. He goes to practice and shoots and SCORES, shoots again and SCORES and again and again and again. Six times in a row before he missed one.
By the way, at this point I was the only one on the sideline to cheer for anyone. There were 10 chairs set up. It is 2 minutes from when the game is supposed to start. And a couple more guys show up. One who brought his girlfriend (who I made friends with). That's 5 boys, we've got enough to play!!
It was sooo much fun. Our team WON!!! They were winning the whole game, except the first 4 points. I don't even remember the score. But, I got to cheer for them and it was exciting and I was proud of Oscar and just REALLY happy for him that he got to do this. Maybe next time, I will get a group picture.
**ps. This week my goal is to run outside for 15 minutes 3x a week (I can do longer on the machines). Next week, maybe I'll do 20 minutes 3x a week. :)
3 years ago
I'm the opposite! I can run for a long time outside, but I can barely do 15 minutes on the treadmill and 30 min. on an indoor track. Good luck and congrats to Oscar! Justin hasn't played any basketball since he sprained his ankle January 08.
ReplyDelete