Monday, January 18, 2010

81 Years Old - Thanks Martin Luther King Jr. - Weekly Update

What a wonderful day to celebrate!!!!!!! This man made a great difference in America. He looked at segregation as not just a moral problem, but as a sin problem. He lived his faith and our country is a better place because of him. I am grateful and inspired by his life.









Oscar and I went to go see a tribute to him on Saturday night (after we took Ravi out to a local restaurant). It was quite an experience. We almost didn't go. We were having such a good time with Ravi... I had already bought the tickets online though. So, I borderline "rushed" us out of the restaurant. We were still running really late. Oscar and I decided to drive safely and if we made it, we made it; if we didn't, we would go see a movie.

We were about 10 minutes late. I had never been to this theater before and did not realize it was in a primarily black section of Los Angeles. The surrounding area was low income housing as well. As we were running (yes, we ran) to the theater, some good sumaritans asked us if we were ok or needed any help (mmm, hmmm - it was that kind of a neighborhood, we worried them). We assured them we were fine, just trying to make the play and kept going.

There was a line of people outside trying to get tickets, but since we bought ours online, we went right on in. There were only 4 seats left. We got two of them. It was a wonderful experience. They had six actors who gave different speeches from Martin Luther King Jr. and a gospel choir who sang songs from the time period. It was simply amazing and inspiring. He was a man who lived his faith.

WEEKLY UPDATE
Sunday was a rainy day and we lounged around inside, which was fun. This week had been a stressful one for me and I had been really looking forward to the weekend.

It is getting to the point in the application process where it doesn't seem like I will get any academic recommendation letters. I will give it some time and then I will contact the school to see if exceptions are ever made. It is actually a relief to have the emails all written and be in the waiting process. Now it is time to work on my letter of intent and get all my transcripts mailed in. Golly, this is expensive. But, at least I'm trying. There is no harm in it and it may open up a new chapter of my life (whether I get in, or not).

I would love to update you on other details of my week, but I guess they have blurred. I can't think of any other updates.

Until next week.

Cheerio!

UPDATE: I GOT ONE ACADEMIC RECOMMENDATION LETTER!! :) YAY





No comments:

Post a Comment