Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm not ready to go.....Weekly Update

My Grandma tells me all the time about her talks with God. She tells me that she tells him she's not ready to go yet. She wants more time with her family.

Well, I sure hope she gets it. I talk to her on the phone several times a week (on a good week).

Her Birthday party was this past Saturday. She is 93 years old. Oscar was sick, so couldn't go. It was Hawaiian themed and really was a wonderful party. My sister made a slideshow with old pictures of my Grandma and family, up until recent years. It was very special for everyone and most of us had tears in our eyes at one point or another.

I talked to her tonight about having kids. Haha. Cheski, I told her about you - how you were pregnant. Asked her how much information I should send you, etiquette wise. I asked her about her pregnancies. How long she waited, what made her want to have children. She said her husband (my Grandfather) never wanted to have kids. But, how wonderful for her that in her old age she is the matriarch of a family. I don't even know what will happen to us when she is not here. She holds us all together.

Anyways, moving on. Here are some pictures.




















From the Party:
On another note: I guess, I will continue my update. I've been applying to Grad School. The application is due Feb. 1st. So, I am trying to get everything finished and in (last minute, of course!).

I've also been listening to my Rush Hour Spanish CDs in the car, which put Spanish words into fun little songs that I can sing along to.

Reading Baby books.

And.....knowing desperately that I need to do more eHow. But, also workout, read the Bible and pray more. Working out just hasn't happened ONCE since the New Year (unless you count me moving the furniture in the house around).

I am still cooking dinner form scratch nearly every night though.

Oooh, Time. Oooh, 2010. Right now, I am loving you so. Don't pass by too quickly, or change too dramatically.

Until the next post, or until next week. Francine

1 comment:

  1. I loved the photos of her. She sounds like a great grandma. I hope mine lasts longer too, though she's almost 20 years younger than yours!

    Good luck with your application!

    ReplyDelete