Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years Weekly Update

I've been dreading this update.

mmm, that's a bad way to start. How about this............HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I've been looking forward to 2010, since January 2009, and now that it is here, I am not sure what to do with it.

To be completely honest, I approached it with a bit of trepidation. However, 2009 became 2010 without a hitch and I am past that now. I just had a feeling that this may not be the year of hope so many people want it to be. I wanted so much to look forward to the new year, but had a feeling of impending doom. Fear. That's what it is called - FEAR!!

Moving on..........

Oscar had a guys' get away for New Years in VEGAS!!! It looked like a lot of fun (Oscar took LOTS of videos). I guess on New Year's Eve everyone crowds outside and there are fireworks and a huge countdown. I could feel the energy through the camera.

Anyways, while he was gone, I had the time of my life. I hate to say it, but I totally did. I ate junk food and spent way too much time soaking in a hot bath with candles, curling my hair, doing makeup. All the stuff, people typically do when they get to be completely and utterly selfish. It was so much fun.

The morning of New Year's, I drove over to the Rose Parade and saw the floats before they went on the parade route. It was absolutely beautiful - like Disneyland. And the best part is that, really, only the locals (or at least few select people) knew that we could walk among the floats before the parade began and take pictures (just 5 feet away).

Unfortunately, Oscar had my camera and I left the disposable at home. We paid to go see the floats up close a couple days later when Oscar came home though.

What else? mmm. I bought a couch. By myself. Without asking Oscar. Then redecorated our living room. It finally looks cozy and nice (at least partially). Oscar and I both love it. It was quite an adventure getting the sofa here without a strong man to help me. I felt very independent and strong. :)

Since the weekend madness, I've cooked an old Mexican Shrimp dish that was Oscar's Dad's recipe and Orange chicken, our kitchen plumbing leaked and got backed up which led to shrimp shells, onions, etc. floating in our bathtub and bathroom sinks (which led to me meeting a very nice plumber). I've been studying Spanish (a goal, not necessarily a New Year's Resolution), and trying to get unsoar from carrying the sofa in and moving the furniture around.

Oh yes, and Bella escaped. We are letting her go. Unless she decides to come home to us. I miss her, but feel relief that she is gone. Here are some pictures to match up with the update. :)





3 comments:

  1. I love "me" time! And your couch is very modern chic! Just one question: why are you fearful of 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a good question. haha. I think it's a bit of a secret doomsday idea I have in my head. Not only am I worried about the economy and health care bill, but also attacks from other countries. A little ridiculous right? I think I just felt weird with everyone celebrating. Although I hope 2010 will be better, there was just a feeling in my tummy that is may be worse.

    I'm pretty much over that. But, there was def. a fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and Cheski, thank you about your comments on the couch. It makes me feel good. I got it on Craigslist for $20, but it cost $20 to rent a uhaul truck to pick it up, so $40 in total.

    I wasn't sure if Oscar was going to like it. It really was a fun adventure. I am reading more on baby stuff. I'll Message you on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete