Friday, July 23, 2010

Keeping House

So, yesterday was a neat day at work. I got acknowledgement from my Supervisor and a different supervisor which made me feel really motivated.

What I'm blogging about today, however, is a conversation that was had.


OLD SUP: I wish I could come over to your house.
FRANCINE: (explaining to new SUP) My husband's a personal trainer.

FRANCINE: But, really, he is a busy guy, so he writes out workouts for me, but rarely gets to train me one on one. Plus, I don't pay, so it's less reinforcing for him to train me than his paying customers.
NEW SUP: Oh, I'm sure you pay him in your own ways: cooking and cleaning the house.
FRANCINE: Sometimes. :)

(all the ladies laugh)

OLD SUP: I'm sure you do a great job, Francine.
FRANCINE: We're a good match.

:::::::::::: end scene ::::::::::::::::::::::

ok, so we are a great match and I do only sometimes do a good job at keeping house. I was completely honest in a socially acceptable way.

It's not really appropriate to say, "No, REALLY, I am so tired when I get home at the end of the day that I don't do everything I should." or "when I wake up in the morning, I am often selfish and lazy." or even "He really helps out with a lot of the cooking and cleaning" Well, maybe that last one is socially acceptable.

Bottom line is that I need to do a better job in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment