My little Darla. I have decided to post on the three kiddos in my life which bring me so much joy.First is Darla. Ok, her name is not Darla, but her mom calls her Darla because they share certain mannerisms and for privacy sake that will be her name.
Darla is my second kiddo. I have worked with her since September 2008. She is a beautiful three year old girl. She has waist long dark brown hair which always looks shiny and together. Her mom has upwards of 40 different hair clips to coordinate with different outfits. They are absolutely adorable and fall out about 5 times a session. Her mother is fashion astute and Darla has the cutest outfits. I wish I had her wardrobe. We are talking about skinny jeans, cute tops, matching shoes, clip, etc. She is VERY much a girl and loves to flip her hair and put it behind her ear (even if she doesn't have to). She used to hate necklaces (it was a sensory problem), but recently, I have been getting her to wear them for a few minutes. She loves when I put it on and say, "oooh, la la" and move my shoulders around. So, she copies me. She is so proud, she puffs out her chest and says "oon da da." The last few days we have been making our own necklaces.
What else do I love about Darla? Well, she talks constantly, and most of what she says are things she has learned from me. She loves to sing! In her free time she will walk around singing "Bunny Foo Foo," "Slippery Fish," and "I found a sticker for ___ girl" (a song I made up) all with huge hand gestures and a marching motion. She also likes to chant books such as Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and The Giving Tree. She knows the books by heart, but unless you know it, you wouldn't be able to understand what she was saying. You would still think she was so cute though because of her gusto and enthusiasm. She ADORES reading and singing and doing corny games like rocking on her chair, jumping up and down and playing tag. The deal is though, you've got to sing it and then stop suddenly. ex: "jumping, jumping, jump jump jump, jumping, jumping, jump, jump, jump FREEZE!!!" then you strike a pose and she giggles incessantly, until she regains composure to ask for more jumping.
When I met her, she was into cause and effect toys. But, through a lot of HARD work, she is now interested in pretend play. In fact, not just pretend play, but playing tea, pretend birthday parties and pretend play with animals. Oooh, it is so fun and adorable. I can't wait to see her develop even more.
She adores me completely. Thinks I am the most hilarious person around and wants to imitate what I do.
Mom is a 5th grade teacher and amazing. HUGE affect, just like me. Dad is away in the Navy. Darla was an accident, but mom tells me the best accident she has ever had!! She makes mom's life worth living. awwww, I get so teary, when I think of Darla because of the joy she brings.
The room above is a pottery barn kids room and reminds me a LOT of Darla's room. It is like entering a magical kingdom, or at least a happy place. Mom plays a soundtrack of the beach in the background.
This is one of Darla's favorite songs at the moment.
She actually looks a lot like the actual Darla, but with longer hair, cuter clothes and a thinner face. I work with her M-F
Wish I could share more info about my pride and joy (or at least her mother's pride and joy), but really can't.
Cheers!!
OMG!!! I totally listened to that song too! I totally forgot about it until hearing it now. And I totally say totally too much. jk
ReplyDeleteDarla sounds cute. I love three-year-olds!
Cheski! You are so excited!! I loved this song and used to listen to it on my tape cassette player while I was falling asleep. There was also a manners one. It really is a calming kid's song.
ReplyDeleteYou should write about your Sunday school cuties. :)