Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day


Oscar and I just had one of the best Independence days I have ever had in my life. ooooh, we spent the day with Cheski at the local park near where we grew up. Her dad was playing in the band and so, not only was her family there early, but positioned front and center. They were kind enough to share their blankets, food and holiday spirit with us. Oscar and I found some board games in the car and brought scrabble and Guess Who with us for all to play.

It was a lot of fun. We saw Linh, Julian and Jordan with their families, and Cathy (my old neighbor). We also saw some old acquaintances/friends such as Austin and Emily Arndt. Hmm, I feel the need to explain, Linh & Julian found us and surprised us, it was exciting to see them.

Kaitlyn joined us at the park and so did First, Ravi and Erick. Cheski has a beautiful family and just seeing all the families around us warmed my heart. I loved the country music and Cheski's dad's band, of course, and just wanted to dance my heart out. Having Oscar there made me feel extra special. He was a prince.

Watching the fireworks was a new experience for me. Throughout my life, I have watched fireworks at a distance and super close, but never sitting down. And never with patriotic music in the background surrounded by friends and family. I felt so proud of my country and so blessed to live here.

I am definitely proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment