NOT EVEN A WORD:
As the mailman passes by my cell,
This lonely place where I dwell.
He looks at me with sad dismay
For he has no mail for me today.
He must think that I am quite insane,
Suffering with this constant pain.
My friends have let me down once more,
As he quickly passes by my door.
Write, my friends, to ease my mind.
Please don't be cruel, cold, unkind.
Send me a letter of friendship and cheer,
Then let me bend your ear.
Maybe tomorrow the mailman will stop here.
Ron H.
Would Jesus be preaching in the chapel?
This is with pictures from the Passion of the Christ (which I never watched in its entirety.) I love this song, but the video also affected me. I don't like that it looks like a music video, but love that I can associate the song with the story of Jesus (thinking, that's Judas, Mary Magdolen, Peter, etc.)
I want to start writing with Someone Care's Prison Ministry. I have been praying for a while about how best to serve and was coming up with no answers. A few things came together this morning to help me realize that I may be able to be more effective through my words than anything else. I feel very led by the spirit about this. Time for proactive change. :)
Did I mention, I got lots and lots of kudos from my work yesterday. Like, LOTS of praise and I soaked it in instead of immediately giving it up to God. It made me feel really good until I realized that everything I am, I am because of him. Because he blessed me with it.
Believe it or not, I get compliments on my voice a LOT. It is really fun (because I am not a good singer) and never have been. But, parents, people I train, other people who come observe all comment on my voice and think I am a good singer. Sooo fun, instead of just trying to tell them that I'm NOT a good singer, I think I'm going to start saying, "any singing ability I have is from God." That sounds MUCH better and I think is very work appropriate as well.
Until later, friends.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment