
So, this was delicious. I guess you were supposed to put it in the freezer, but I just ate it up with a spoon warm. ooooh and when you were supposed to put a cup of the ingredient in, I just put a tablespoon. (because, well, there is only one of me and if it was yucky, I didn't want to waste ingredients.)
1 cup coconut butter
3/4 cup carob powder ( I bet raw cacao would be even better)
4 Tbsp agave nectar ( or more to taste)
2 tsp vanilla (next time I will use orange, mint would be good too)
Put coconut butter in a bowl and place in another bowl of hot water, stirring until liquified. Stir in other ingredients until smooth. Pour onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and pop into freezer for 5-10 mins. Alternatively, you could put mixture into little molds.
**I also used coconut oil instead of butter and put orange rind in it. Seriously YUM!! Not saying it is GOOD for you. I don't really know, I would have to do too much research.
**The tiny amount I made was around 200 calories. Maybe I'll look up the exact number and nutrients later.
I got the recipe HERE!! from the Sunny Raw Kitchen
**ooh and the picture is NOT what I made. But IS from the same site and is kinda similar. :)
Why the decision to try the raw food diet? Just wondering.
ReplyDeleteyay!! Cheski is back. and Cheski, I have zero idea why I am trying the raw food diet.
ReplyDeleteI think I just wanted to try something new that was healthy and that popped into my head. I wasn't thinking of it as anything extreme.
I'll have to think about where I heard of it and why it appealed. I like it a lot. I like that I don't have to do it 100%. So, if I go off, it's not really going off. On the other note, I'm adding a lot of really healthy things to my diet.
I've done a few days 100%, but most days are about 60%. It's just a new thing to occupy my days. :)