Monday, June 21, 2010

Cheez-Its (Raw)



I really like cheeze-its, but haven't eaten them often since I lived at my parents house. They don't exactly fit into a healthy lifestyle. and we only purchase food like that for junk food nights.

ANYWAYS....

I found a raw recipe for cheez-its on a forum I read with RAVE reviews. I haven't tried them yet. But, will let you know once I do. Probably tomorrow.

1/2 red pepper
1/4 cup water
1 cup truly raw cashews, soaked
1 TBSP tahini
2 TBSP nutritional yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
1 clove (1/2 tsp) garlic
2 TBSP lemon juice
optional: diced jalapeno

blend all ingredients in blender or food processor. Add diced jalapeno if desired. Spread thinly on teflex dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate until crispy then break into cracker-size pieces. Also makes a great nacho cheese dip if you don't dehydrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment