Friday, June 18, 2010

A Reading Date

Soooo much happened yesterday. Ok, maybe not a lot, but more than the usual day.

1) I WORKED OUT: Haven't done that in soooo long (really!). Someone asked me what I did the other day to stay in shape and I couldn't even respond because it was sad.

2) I FELL WHILE WORKING OUT: Yes, for cardio, I rollerbladed. I thought I would be really cool and do some big hills. Well, while moving towards the big hills, I reached a slight decline and some cracks in the sidewalk and BAM!! That's right, I fell hard. I scraped up my butt and felt like crying. BUt, then I got over it. I changed my route and dida loop around my apartment complex several times. I also went again today. I know I look ridiculous because I brake the entire time downhill and step carefully over the train tracks and BUMPS, but I don't care it gets my heartrate up and is fun.

3) MEXICO WON!! YAY!!! Oscar wore his Hecho en Mexico shirt especially for the game.

4) LAKERS WON!! We went to one of Oscar's co-workers homes to watch the game. I was so excited to be invited, but oh my goodness. Cussing like crazy. Seriously, F-words up the yin yang. For whatever reason I am such a snob and really do associate cussing w/ low class (even though most of these individuals were college educated and had good jobs - possibly everyone). I realize that was pretty bad of me. And I thought about how Jesus reached out to the lowest class and least educated and Paul talks about making people comfortable in their setting and culture. I need to work on that. I felt like I was just pretty quiet and trying to be nice. This group had a lot of personal jokes and a lot of people who were really good at talking and telling stories. I probably said 3 things the whole time. Oscar was AMAZING though. He seriously fits in everywhere. He knew so much about sports and the game and just started being his fun self.

That's pretty much it.

Here's our Generous Wife tip for the day: I like this one.

Set up a "reading date." Take turns reading things that you find interesting to each other. It might be a favorite scripture or quote. Perhaps share a passage from a favorite novel or a bit from a news article. Share why it is special or of interest to you and share your thoughts about it. (Paul and I sometimes do this with movie dates as well. We share what part of the movie stood out to us and about anything that seemed profound or had truth in it.)

The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own. Benjamin Disraeli

Be generous! Lori <><


1 comment:

  1. Yay for working out! I went to a yoga class last week (going again tonight) and it was hard but fun.

    Sorry about the cussing. I am a snob about that too (with no desire to change. oh well).

    Too bad Justin doesn't like reading. That is one thing I wish he did enjoy.

    ReplyDelete