Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Christmas Love Letter

Christmas in July??? Well, I think it is time to start planning Christmas gifts. (CRAZY, right?)

We have often been the Christmas Eve shoppers (in the past), but this year I am starting today. I think that is the best way to get thoughtful gifts.

I am going to suggest to Oscar that we prescribe to the love letter idea below instead of material gifts for us. We always do big things for the Birthdays and a little less pressure around Christmas time is good. I think it will help us avoid being materialistic.


"A friend of mine and her hubby started a tradition a few years back when funds were tight. They exchanged love letters in the place of gifts. They were so blessed by the practice that they continue to do so each year even when there is money for additional gifts. Why not start such a tradition in your marriage?"

Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. Dale Evans

Be generous! Lori <><

No comments:

Post a Comment